View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Chatted with Duncs yesterday for a few minutes as we kicked off training camp.

First of all, the kid is SHREDDED. Much bigger, leaner and stronger this year than last. His shoulders look much wider and everything. If he was a horse last year, I can't wait to see him on the ice again this year.

He told me about the draft and how Philly told him after they moved up to 8th spot that they were going to take him, unless something crazy happened. As it turned out, Sean Couturier slid and fell into the hands of the Flyers. They called Duncan after they drafted SC and apologized, saying that they had to take a forward of Couturier's calibre if they had the chance. Found that very interesting.

He told me about how he traveled to Denver a couple times already and loved it. He said he got to meet some of the players, mostly the younger guys that were in town for rookie camp. No Duchene or Stastny though.

I also know that when Duncs and Landy went to Denver after the draft, the team took them house shopping. Yeah, house shopping.

Also a note that his ankle doesn't appear to be bothering him at all. He hurt it at World Junior camp and early rumours were that he strained ligaments in it. Good to see it's not bothering him.
RS I just gotta say it's really an honor having someone so close to the sport to post here... We all really enjoy your insight. Thanks a lot man.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote