Thread: Proposal: Ottawa - Winnipeg
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
As for Foligno, I just do not see him as a Top 6 guy. 3LW if he could do it is where he needs to be. But it seems the consensus is he should be Top 6. There are better guys coming I think (hope). As an asset I think he brings a good pick/prospect in return or is a solid part of a package. When I say gone, I'm looking at a solid trade (can't refuse type) or at the deadline. He gets his shot with a new coach and system to show his stuff before Murray decides
Unless he breaks out, Foligno won't be a top-6 forward with this team, I would be really surprised if he does. He had his chances but he will now get bumped on the depht chart plural times.

People should see him as a good 3rd liner by now. There's nothing bad with this. Chris Kelly is an excellent 3rd liner and we got a 2nd round pick back for him without taking any salary back. We had the opportunity to draft Shane Prince.

3rd liners do have to contribute to the offense, and the league is going in a "3 scoring lines" trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Foligno isn't going anywhere and as soon as people stop hoping for him to turn into a 50 point player they'll understand how having him on the team is a good thing.
This.

I think we'll trade Milan Michalek before Foligno. If many young Wingers establish themselves (some of Filatov, Butler, Petersson, and then Silfverberg, Noesen, Puempel, Prince, Stone...), Michalek won't be needed anymore and might not fit too in long term plans.

And depending of the progressions of Borowiecki, Gryba, Blood, Claesson... Lee and Wiercioch might not be needed and might have some value

Next summer,

something like Michalek + Wiercioch + Lee

For

a solid, young and established scoring Forward (my dream is Loui Eriksson) from a team who needs depht and to fill psome defensive holes nicely

Or one of Da Costa/Regin instead of Lee, who could be a keeper too (Phillips and Gonchar getting older, have to replace them at some point)

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote