View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Anca18

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
While I agree that accumulating as many picks as possible is the right way to go my pessimism is predicated on the fact that we actually have fewer prospects than we could have had Bryan Murray not been trading away picks in 2009 and 2010 when we should have been acquiring picks instead. In 2009 we might have acquired someone like Matt Duchene in the draft had we simply finished the year with Craig Hartsburg coaching and resisted trading a first round pick for Campoli only to worsen our draft position.

We waited until our Stanley Cup veterans lost too much value instead of cleaning house in a timely fashion and maximizing the return on those players. I simply don't see Bryan Murray and Eugene Melnyk as being capable of exercizing the patience now required to return this team to elite status.
What the heck are you smoking...Melnyk and BM not having the patience required to go through a rebuild. Why would Melnyk extend BM if he didn't think that he'd have the patience to go through a rebuild. So you're saying getting a 1st and a possible 2nd for a 2nd line center is bad return? Getting a 2nd rounder for Kelly having one of his worst years...please stop trolling.

Anca18 is offline   Reply With Quote