View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. My point was that getting Yakupov is a pipe-dream, just like making the playoffs. Both could happen, but chances are low in both cases. I tried to demonstrate this with my post.

Sorry to interfere

Yep, really sorry about this. I wasn't picking on you. I actually didn't even notice who the poster was, I usually only look at the message.

It's just that I've seen so many times Yakupov being almost penciled on our line-up. But IMO it is a long reach, as much as the playoffs, if not more. Or we finish 4th or 5th last and win the lottery, which would be the best case scenario if we are to miss the playoffs.
It's all good. I just meant to throw up a hockey video to kill time during the offseason with relevant discussions haha.

I do agree that it's ridiculous to see people pencil him into the roster next year. We'll have no idea how good our team is until they hit the ice, and even then we won't know where we're drafting until, at earliest, the trade deadline. Fortunately, deep draft this year, so we'll get a great prospect either way.