Thread: Proposal: Wsh-det-sjs
View Single Post
Old
08-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Pavelski has 3 seasons left at $4m per. I am not sure how much he improves the salary cap situation. Are you convinced that Kuznetsov will be a playoff ready 30 plus goal scorer from a rookie?

Why do the Sharks trade Pavelski for Semin?
Because Pavelski at 4 million is a steal, perhaps? I'm sorry, but are we talking about the same player? You're making it sound like he's Belanger or something.

Kuznetsov is all but guaranteed to score 20+ his first year given top 6 ice time. If we have doubts about him we can easily get a 2 a cheap RW. since Laich - Pavelski - ??? is already a pretty good 2nd line if the ??? is even remotely a top 6 player. Hell, plugging Brouwer in there creates a great physical 2-way second line even if it's not the best offensively at even strength. And we make the playoffs with either Pavelski or Semin anyway. But Laich Pavelski Kuznetsov should be an incredible line on its own, an having Johansson on the 3rd line creates a serious matchup advantage.

Also, by asking me if I'm convinced that Kuznetsov will be able to match Semin's playoff production, are you saying that you expect Pavelski to replace none of Semin's playoff production?

And obviously Sharks don't do this though for some reason their fans seem openish to it.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote