View Single Post
Old
08-27-2011, 06:29 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I agree to a point I think still our best best is to stay with the big 3 and trade for a Parise and a Ryan that is the only way I would give up a Wilson or a Ellis. If we put a package worthy of a trade. Of course we are going to have to overpay to get either. I'm afraid if we don't and still try to dink around with second tier players then we'll watch Suter and Weber waving goodbye when the time comes
You know when teams offer us a package of prospects and picks for Weber or Suter and we laugh and mock them? Why would a team take a package of potential for proven entities like Parise and Ryan? If we do offer a package, we are giving up at least 2 if not 3 top end prospects and a high draft pick, probably a first. Would you be willing to part with Wilson, Josi, Beck and a 1st to land a guy like Parise? I'd be good with it if we don't include Beck in the deal but that isn't enough to land a guy like Parise. I'd rather give up one player, even if it's a superstar like Suter or Weber to land a Parise or Ryan. I think we don't end up gutting our roster and farm and have the pieces to fill in for the departed. That's just me. I don't think any scenario is going to happen where we land a top end forward.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote