View Single Post
Old
08-27-2011, 02:18 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Can we please, PLEASE, not turn this thread into another "Poile has got to go if X doesn't happen!" thread? Seriously. We have that thread. I was sort of wanting this one to be solely for discussion of trade possibilities, not another breeding ground for Poile arguments.

On topic. Rosey, I would love to land Parise or Ryan, but it would have to be the perfect storm. It likely would cost us one of the big three you want to keep. I just don't see it happening. Parise MIGHT be had for a roster forward, a prospect or two, and a pick or two, but I doubt it. If he makes it clear to Lou that he will not be staying with NJD then I could see him sold at the deadline for as little as Wilson and a 1st. That's only if NJ is out of the play offs, and it's still just a guess. Our options really are narrowed down to hoping for a deal like that to fall into our laps, but what are the chances of that happening? I think we all need to accept that it's either an aging star at the deadline, or it's another 50pt player sometime between training camp and the deadline.

I think if the moves Columbus made don't strengthen the team enough to be a play off contender we should make a move for Umberger. If that isn't an option then perhaps Kulemin, but with Toronto it gets a little trickier as we would likely have to part with a roster forward. After that we could maybe look at Ruutu if Carolina is selling. Jokinen might be an option earlier in the season if Calgary struggles out of the gate, and he might be had for a lot cheaper than anyone named so far. PA Parenteau could be a good fit, and might not cost much. NYI might even be ok with the centerpiece being a bottom six player with some skill and potential, which we have [Geoffrion, Halischuk, Spaling (though I'd rather keep Spaling)]. Best case is the Islanders are still looking at another year of rebuild, and want picks back. Milan Hedjuk could be available unless Colorado somehow actually plays well this year. I think these are all realistic, if not highly likely, players to target. What do you guys think?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote