Thread: Zach Stepan
View Single Post
Old
08-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Zach Stepan

I've known about him for a while now, as I'm sure some of you have. Blueshirt Banter just posted a FanPost on him and it got me back to thinking of him.

In his Junior year, Zach had 64 points (25G, 39A) in 54 games and Derek had 70 points (38G, 32A) in 63 games. Now Stepan did go on to put up 111 points in 60 games his Senior year, but so far the comparisons are there. It will be interesting to see how Zach performs next season at Shattuck.

Here is what Minnesota Hockey Prospects had to say about him:

Quote:
Has a good combination of strength and speed, capable of making a game changing hit or scoring the go-head goal. Has great awareness on the ice and has a knack of finding and creating open space. The facet of his game that makes him a top prospect in his age group is his ability to use his body to gain position and control the puck. He plays much bigger than his 511, 170 frame. Stepan will be one of the first Minnesotans to be selected in the 2012 draft.
He was drafted 10th overall in the USHL and is committed to Ohio State. He will either return to Shattuck or go to the USHL. I think this kid is probably already go Gordie's radar. Now I know it is very early, but what would you guys say to drafting him. Although they aren't twins like the Sedins, we could have the cousin version of the Sedins

Go to 3:40 to listen to Zach talk and describe himself on the ice. Also if I'm not mistaken, as we all see right before Zach, his teammate is a big Ranger fan and is decked out with a Ranger shirt and hat. But if you look closely, it looks like Zach is wearing a Rangers hat.