View Single Post
Old
08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I am horrendous at value, so forgive me if this is just bad. The point is Tampa needs a goalie, and we need an elite scorer, which they have 3 of.

To NSH

Vinny Lecavalier
Teddy Purcell

Total Cap- ~9.5 mil

To TBL

Pekka Rinne
Martin Erat

Total Cap ~7.5 mil

After this trade, we could need to sign/trade for a 1B goalie for Lindback. It wouldn't have to be someone particularly good, just an experienced guy with some ability i.e. Leclaire or Turco.

We're still under 50M for the year, so adding 2 milion + 1 for the goalie should put us in the neighborhood of last year's total. Vinny may be slightly over-paid, but given time on our first line, he could really put some points up, not to mention Fisher and Legwand being on our 2nd and 3rd lines respectively, meaning our 3 top lines would all be legitimate scoring threats.

Losing Rinne will be a step back, but in Mitch we trust. He will turn Lindy into a stud, Rinne will IMO regress this coming season (only 1 goalie in the 2000s has had back to back 93% SV% years, and our very backup will be there for insurance.

Like I said, I'm awful with value, but it seems like a solid deal to me. If anything, we may need to add, and with our new surplus of centers, someone like Cally O might be available.
Nashville is giving up the best two players in the deal.

Rinne > Vinny
erat > pur

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote