View Single Post
Old
08-27-2011, 05:26 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I don't believe we need top 3 talent. Another 50-60 point guy is all we need. Top 3 talent costs too much. We have a lot of 3rd line prospects that could be 2nd liners but our window of opportunity does not allow us to wait for them. Ideally, I would move a package of prospects not named Josi or Ekholm for a bryan little or a Paul Statsny or a Jussi Jokinen. I would be willing to move both Ellis and Wilson if the right deal could be made. Statsny may cost more than the other two, but it is doable. I would not move any of the big three to make this move happen. If we can land top 3 talent without giving up Josi or Ekholm, but without removing one of our current top players or the big three, I would do it, but that scenario is unlikely to happen.
Poile is that you?

I tend to agree but to make it to the next level we need a top 3 talent, IMO. If it means we lose a top 6 player we already have albeit but we have no top 3 talent in our forward core. Id trade pekka and a top sixer (itd be hard to part with marty but if it was the right deal id do it) for the right person, it could make us lethal.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote