View Single Post
Old
08-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Denmark has in the recent years developed the most high end players when it comes to these small hockey nations
Yeah and as a Latvian I'm really jealous... but come the drafts of 2012 and 2014 and we might see some joy on our street too

As for Danish club joining KHL... I'd only love seeing Danish club in the KHL but from Dane's point of view it's more viable to try to apply for Elitserien if you want a "superculb"... Though I'm not sure if they'd take you... I believe Latvia has tried to ask Swedes and Finns to let our club in their top leagues and they refused... then came Medveded with open league and lots of cash. I guess we couldn't resist....

Danmark can't build a championship of even Slovakia's level on its own... so yeah, if you want a superclub either try to apply for Elitserien, get cash and arena and call Medvedev (he'll take you immediately and say ''thank you") or wait for some Nordic League to appear to cover the whole region... Or you can just enjoy your own championship level and produce next big superstars. I don't think not having a KHL club hinders country's hockey development.... on the other hand, it would GREATLY INCREASE the popularity of hockey in Denmark... it has happened in Latvia, it has happened in Belarus (some 2500 people attending Minsk games in the first season, built new Arena and Minsk averaging over 10 000 in the third season)... though we were hockey nations already before, not like Denmark so I dunno.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote