Thread: Speculation: I'm confused.
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2011, 12:25 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
You have to think, too... pre-Roloson we were 23-16 (.589) with two goaltenders that were sub-.890, if Roloson continues to his career averages (~.910) along with Garon (~.904) you'd have to think that we would be looking at another 5 wins at that same point in the year and challenging for the top spot in the southeast. Add in a full year of Brewer, Hedmans growth and it certainly looks possible.

Quote:
Gagne is clutch. Maybe he wasn't so much this year, but he has the history to prove it.
Where? Outside of what, two playoff goals? He won't be missed, hes mostly invisible on many nights, and this clutch thing is silly. He was actually (for the first time in his career) a defensive liability on many nights. He didn't fit in that well here outside of still having a great shot.

I think the wildcards this year are Gervais and Gilroy. Gilroy adds more mobility to the blueline with MAB and can actually help our transition game that looked crippled on many nights because of Ohlund and Kubinas lack of speed. While I would have liked to find someone similar to Smith that has the ability to play the puck well i'm happy that Gervais and Gilroy are actually mobile with a decent first pass.