View Single Post
Old
08-28-2011, 05:29 PM
A Pointed Stick
No! Slp! Til Brklyn!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
i believe that as long as we see definable progress, we are better off, and you hit upon my greatest fear as well, you know what they say be careful what you wish for? We could literally see Wang as GM.

who was it Bob Short I think owner of the then Washington Senators who was going to manage for a day?, Wang strikes me as the type of alpha personality who thinks he could do it...
No need to go any farther than Harold Ballard. There are others as well, but he may have been the #1 worst owner in the history of the NHL over the past 40 years, and that is saying something when you consider the shysters, mobsters, and charlatans that have owned teams or been involved as executives in the past. As for age, I watched the Nets in the NVMC, if that tells you anything, and enjoyed watching Potvin dethrone Brad Park as the best defenseman in the NY area. I enjoyed the hell out of that actually.

One note though, I see you and some others getting on Sammy's case. I have no idea what the history is here, who the bad guy/good guy is, but you and I are having a normal discussion, Sammy and I despite some significant differences in opinions have normal discussions, so I am left wondering how come you guys can't do the same. I'm not criticizing anyone here, just wondering what it would be like if we all just talked this stuff out without the flames and put downs and some mutual respect for differing opinions. Then we could all focus on the important stuff - like hating Toronto fans.