View Single Post
Old
08-29-2011, 11:23 AM
rick1042

vCash: 500
Was also at the game and agree with the comments.

I liked Bergeron and Clapperton myself. They are young and will not always be consistent but there are good things to work with for both players. Nikolaev is a terribly akward skater. His usefullness may be limited to playing the screen on the power-play.

For Denmark, Jensen was excellent and I also like Schultz. He didn't great linemates but his work ethic was solid and he made good decisions on the ice.

What will really hurt Denmark if yesterday was an idea of what kind of team they will be is the goaltending which was not up to par and also the defence. They do well when things are going their way but when the play breaks down, they just start scrambling. In international competition, against the opposition they will be facing, that can be a major issue for them.

Finally, i enjoyed my experience at the arena. The staff was very much informed of what was going on and they were able to inform myself and other members of the media what is going on with the building. Was told that the press galery will be ready for the first game of the year and that an antena would be installed by the end of the week as phones were not working in the rink. They also got me information I needed very quickly. The view of the ice is really good and the arena is very bright.

rick1042 is offline   Reply With Quote