Old
08-29-2011, 02:54 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
i totally agree with you, but (just for discussions sake) lets think from Edmonton's perspective...

You've come in last a few years in a row now, and between RNH, Hall, and even Eberle, you have some superstars in the making.

Paajarvi is going to be a superb player, no doubt, but will he find a role on edmonton? or will he be overlooked? He will definitely take time, and edmonton needs to start getting wins eventually.

and at what point do you need to sell a long term piece for a short term guy, so you can get wins and attract some free agents?

Voracek could be that mid-short term guy...idk
Fair enough. I guess I was really overvaluing him. I still think he should be a 70-80 point type player, wherever he may wind up. I'm guessing he finishes out his ELC in EDM and they trade his rights if things aren't working out. But if the guys out there all develop to their potential their top two lines could be pretty damned epic:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Omark (or whomever they get in the draft this next year)-Gagner-MPS

Those two lines could be tops in the league if they all develop well. I feel like something is brewing up there the Great White North...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote