View Single Post
Old
08-29-2011, 09:48 PM
metric

vCash: 500
http://www.theprovince.com/Samuelsso...#ixzz1WTc2qojb
Quote:
A reassuring sight on Monday was Mikael Samuelsson doing drills – stopping, starting, making quick cuts and tight turns – looking, in fact, like surgery he had in mid-May has left no lasting pain or weakness.

“First of all, every time you step onto the ice for the first time in summer, you feel stiff,” the 34-year-old said after a well-paced two-hour skate Monday at a local rink. “It doesn't feel any worse, any different, from the other years, so that's a good sign.

“I feel stronger in the area I had surgery on.”
http://www.theprovince.com/Canucks+E...#ixzz1WTdHURFG
Quote:
It was obvious Alex Edler wasn’t himself in the Vancouver Canucks’ 4-0 loss to Boston in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final last June.

Once the game was over and the Bruins had taken the Stanley Cup back to Beantown, Edler revealed why: He’d had two fingers broken in the third period of Game 6 in Boston.

It was so bad he couldn’t hold his stick properly and dropped it more than once.

On Monday, he revealed further information: One of his fingers hasn’t yet healed, despite 11 weeks having ensued.

“My finger is still healing,” the defenceman said. “They say it’s going to heal, I just have to give it time.”

Edler added that he’ll probably have it looked at again next week.

Edler, Mikael Samuelsson and Marco Sturm were the only veterans skating in a group of eight Canucks on Monday.

“It’s been a short summer,” Edler said. “I never played that far (into June) before. August came a little quicker.

“Everyone is trying to spend as much time as they can at home, I guess. We’re a week or two behind.

“More guys will start coming in the next week or so.”
Hopefully Edler's finger heals up soon.

Anton Rodin, Kevin Connauton, Adam Polasek, Sebastian Erixon and Darren Archibald are the other five. Glad to see Rodin here early.

Last edited by metric: 08-29-2011 at 10:02 PM.