View Single Post
Old
08-30-2011, 12:59 PM
ohlguy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges7 View Post

There's a lot of noise surrounding the Catenacci trade. It came down to one thing, the ship there was sinking and certain people on the business side believed that the Dubas hiring was an anchor and not a salvage vessel and so they wanted "their guys" out of there.
I totally agree!! Just look at how the young GM Dubas handled the Catenacci situation. Apparently no phone call was ever made to the player with concern as to why he wanted out or even to his parents. You also get to see how these Soo fans turn on their players. Cat was a hero before this all broke loose and now he's a problem? That's irresponsible to write about a kid who gave everything up there. I believe what his teammates said about him and his coach not what people come up with to justify the kid wanting out.

I would never have a young hockey player at 16 years of age go to the Soo to be eaten by the media wolves and fans. No other place in the OHL is like this. I get a kick out of reading some of the hypocritical posts coming from the same person. Hero one day...zero the next? This kid became my favourite OHL player after the first time watching him play. Give it a break!! Read comments from his teammates and coach if you want to know what this kid is all about, not from the sour Soo fans who are upset that Daniel, his agent, Buffalo, parents or all of the above wanted him out. Rumor has it there are other disgruntled players yet to come out of the closet...stay tuned.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3268286

"I was surprised when I heard about it," said Carson Dubchak from his home in Kenora, Ont. "Yeah, I guess I could say I'm shocked. I can't say anything negative toward Daniel at all. It's obviously something that he wants for himself."

He said Catenacci is a character guy that "everyone likes." He was a fun guy in the dressing room and full of good humour, and talented.

"He's definitely one of the biggest parts of the team," said Dubchak, who has been with the Hounds for three seasons.

Hounds left winger David Broll said "Even though he's a great guy, you can't do anything about it if he's going to leave. There's going to be some gaps to fill now that he's gone, and I think more guys will step up to the plate. It'll give other guys opportunities."

Michael Kantor was upbeat about the Hounds prospects this season, despite losing Catenacci.

He said Catenacci is probably doing what he thinks is best to get to the next level.

"I'm behind him with his decisions. We all believe in this group right now. The team that we have now, with or without Daniel, will be a good team," said Kantor, a Chicago native who is in the Sault training.

"I was kind of surprised ... We'll miss him in the locker room."

Trevor Morbeck, from Jackson, Wis., says losing Catenacci will impact the team.

"(But) it's a team. It's not based on one guy and he's not going to make or break the team. We're still going to have to do what we do, and that's to play games and win."

He said Catenacci is a good player and it's a tough loss, however, that's hockey.

"Guys get traded, they ask for trades. It's all part of the game and that's how it goes."

Morbeck admits to being a little shocked when he first heard the news.

ohlguy is offline   Reply With Quote