Thread: Proposal: Wsh-det-sjs
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post
As a wings fan that would love to have Semin, I'd be willing to add a pick. Preferrably a 2nd from next year or maybe even a 1st from 2013. I really like Holland's pattern of turning one 1st into two 2nds. But whatever it takes to get a high skill sniper for Datsyuk. So add a 2nd to SJ..... does that work? Seems light for Washington but whatever.

I'm sure McLellan would like having Filppula.
Well I think Washington has a strong need for a #2 center (Not that Johansson won't be one but I don't think he is ideal for this year and next perhaps) and Alex Semin, while a fantastic player, is on that last year of a $6.7 million deal.

It would address a need and free up ALOT cap space with Chimera gone as well ($8.5 mil total less Pavelski's $4 mil (?)...thats $4.5 of cap goodness. I mean and Pavelski is singed thru 2013 I believe.

Even if Detroit added a 2nd I'm not sure if the Sharks do it. They are trying to win now and while draft picks are nice I would think they'd want quality players. Maybe its just that I'm not as high on Filppula as some tho.

While I really like Semin's game compared to most Caps fans this is just my personal take and a 2nd and Alex Semin for Pavelski would not be enough lobsided in his favor for McPhee perhaps.

Again if I was the Sharks I wouldn't do it. Not enough immediate quality.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote