View Single Post
Old
08-30-2011, 03:21 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
That all goes back to whether or not you believe that there wasn't one single player available by trade or by free agency that could have helped our team this year.

I don't buy it.

We're left to believe that every single free agent is too expensive, bad fit, too risky, etc. We can't make a trade because no one wants our defensive prospects. Not buying it either.

And if you don't buy it either, then the logical conclusion is that DP either didn't try hard enough to improve the team, or tried and failed, or is honestly going with the "Nick Spaling is the cure to our offensive woes" strategy (which IMHO, is a disaster waiting to happen and considering we haven't been able to find a serious offensive threat in 10+ years of being a franchise, DP loses the benefit of the doubt for me).

Again, what type of player are we waiting for? Ovechkin ain't going to be available. Neither will Crosby, Kane, Datsyuk, etc.

Which is why I don't necessarily buy the line that we're going to use that cash in the near future to improve the team.
I agree with absolutely everything in this post.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote