Old
08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
How can you say we wouldn't have? Somebody did.

From everything Bryzgalov has said what would make you think he would seriously want to consider Florida? He wanted to play for a winner. Florida is not that. Edmonton needs a goalie, why doesn't he sign there?

Correct, supply and demand does not account for personal choice, but knowing what we do know, WE can attempt to adjust the demand accordingly.

This entire article is about Vokoun wanting to play for a contender. Therefore, we can assume one of his "personal choices" is to play for a contender. Subsequently, we can eliminate all the terrible teams in thea league. The demand is adjusted, and it is now a fairly reasonable representation.

I would seriously like you, and anyone else, to literally provide me with a list of teams that you feel were SERIOUS possibilites for a goaltender to land this summer, taking into account that they wanted contenders.

We know that both Vokoun and Bryzgalov wanted to play on contenders. Their comments have said as much.

Of course, there is always the possibility of some dark horse blowing them out of the water with so much money that they can't refuse. That sort of thing can't be predicted.

As for wanting the best. That's totally legitimate. I understand that (hence the reason, I'm ok with everything. Again, I'm thrilled to have a real goalie). However, nobody is arguing that. This entire argument is not about whether we should have went for Vokoun (presumably cheaper) or Bryzgalov. It is SOLELY about whether it was possible to come to a reasonable conclusion that Vokoun would end up being a bargain somewhere.

or at least that's what I'm arguing haha
Fair enough. That is what I said in my last post responding to Jester. I was under the impression that most folks on here were saying we would have gotten Vokoun and it was stupid to sign Bryz because Vokoun signed for less. That is far from a guarantee. Obviously it was a possibility. I would never argue otherwise because that is just silly. I'm just happy we have a real goalie.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote