Old
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Well, it seems like our opponent has started off with some extravagant claims. I'll go into them in more detail later, but for now, two points:

1) The player by player comparison obscures the fact that Philadelphia's top line as a whole is going to be quite soft in the corners (though not as bad as Philadelphia's second line).
Red Green is average in this regard. Nothing special, but he will suffice. Add in the fact that Robbie Ftorek was a fearless forechecker that wasn't afraid to battle despite his size, I don't see the problem here.

Quote:
2) I find it interesting that Billy can somehow slag on Billy McGimsie's competition, yet purport to believe that Bob McDougall is the best winger in the draft based on his scoring relative to even weaker competition.
That's why I asked what his competition was. I know next to nothing about the Manitoba/western leagues, and you provided a little bit of context about his finishes, but not much. My knowledge is limited to the eastern leagues. McDougall didn't play against the best competition, but it still wasn't bad. If his competition is so bad, why did the one guy ahead of him in goals/game pre-1899 and 6 guys behind him get taken in the ATD with an ADP of 593, whereas he was selected at 1,010? I'd love to know.

Last edited by BillyShoe1721: 08-30-2011 at 03:52 PM.
BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote