View Single Post
Old
08-30-2011, 06:53 PM
wjhl2009fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacro View Post
They should have really played this game at Ron Joyce Stadium on the campus of McMaster University. I think the stadium if expanded with temporary seats could probably hold 12-15k depending on configuration. They could have had a demand for the game by offering students on campus half price tickets and I'm sure it would be a sellout. I think they will be hard pressed to get close to 20k for this.

I go out to about 10-12 Bulldogs regular season games and try to make it out to a majority of their playoff games and no matter how good this team is they just cannot seem to draw well.

Hopefully, the new marketing team does a better job this year with promos and ideas to get more people in the seats. Apparently they hired the guy who was the San Antonio Rampage's top marketing guy who did a good job with them so we'll see how he does here.
Even then i would be shocked if it was even came close to a sell out just look at hockey support in toronto and hamilton area out side of the nhl its not great.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote