View Single Post
Old
08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Just wanted to get a feel for what Rangers fan would think about this deal. I think it would work for the Rangers because Bickell is a physical left winger, had similar offensive production to Boyle last year, plays a solid defensive game, and most importantly only carries a cap hit of 540k for the next 2 seasons.

Most of the depth charts I have seen for the Rangers have Boyle on the third line LW spot, which is where Bickell played last year for the Hawks. So if you can replace Boyle production and have cap flexibility for any injuries or trades that come up would you guys do this? Would this be a good base for a deal?
Boyle will most likely be playing on the 4th line this season with Brandon Prust and Mike Rupp. I'm pretty sure that Fedotenko will get the third line wing spot -- to answer your question, no thanks. The Rangers already have a physically gifted winger who doesn't use the assets he was born with to succeed. Bickell is luxury depth, but Boyle is, all-around, a better player than Bickell, high cap hit or not. Moving Boyle for Bickell makes the Rangers a worse team now, and they won't weaken the team for $1.2M in cap space.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote