View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 07:34 PM
willie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
He's got a LOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before he's a consistent player for this team.... :mad:
Obviously. Too many Kings fans have too high of expectations for him right now. We are still talking at least 4-5 years before he is going to really hit his stride. Until then, he will look like an akward, lankyish (and sometimes sluggish) player most of the time and tease us with his raw talent some of the time.

Quote:
Palffy earlier in the game had hit him with a great pass entering the zone... he refuses to shoot it...
I wouldn't fault him on that play though. Frolov made a great play to get positioning in behind the defender but it was just one of those times where your momentum and speed coupled with a defender on your back makes you lose the puck. He made the right decision to drive the net but it was too difficult a play to convert on.

But his play on the penalty kill was pathetic. Two brutal plays.

Overall, the team stinks. Palffy's penalty was completely moronic. I don't know what the hell he was thinking. That sure as hell isn't the type of play you expect your captain to make.

The Brennan-Peters fight was great. Both guys landed some huge bombs. Here's hoping for Round 2.

I don't get this team though. They play very well against Eastern powerhouses like Philly & Ottawa and the play like crap against Eastern minnows like Boston & Buffalo. Tough to get a read on this team.