View Single Post
Old
08-31-2011, 04:07 AM
hfboardsuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountDownToImpact View Post
His speed and grit never jumped out at me.
Then you probably need glasses. One of the best skaters in the WORLD didn't jump out at you?

Voracek and Paajarvi are actually very similar- they possess similar frames, debuted as 19-year-olds, and scored a similar number of points as rookies (34 for Paajarvi vs. 38 for Voracek). While I myself think Voracek plateaus quicker, I think Magnus is going to be in for a similar kind of lengthy development period.

As such, if I were a Flyers fan, I'd try and find a way of making such a deal happen without moving Voracek; you'd have two elite lines then- JVR-Giroux-Briere and Paajarvi-Schenn-Voracek. Of course, to do that, you'd need to part with one of the previously aforementioned assets you'd hate to give up- ie Couturier or your 2012 1st. Wayne Simmonds would also be a very nice addition; the Oilers possess plenty of skill, but what they don't have an abundance of is grit.

Couturier + Coburn? The Oilers get that big center we've been desperate for, plus a jumbo-sized top-four defender. Or perhaps Paajarvi + Anton Lander for Couturier and Bob?

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote