View Single Post
Old
08-31-2011, 08:13 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I'll answer this in reverse. I went to my first Crew game in 2007 because the NHL draft prospects were there. I ended up with seats near the Nordecke, and got sucked into the excitement that was going on there. While I've never been a huge soccer fan, I kept telling my wife that she needed to see a game live, because of the energy and excitement I experienced there. Finally last season we went to a game and had a great time, again, partly because it seemed that the fans were having such a great time.
I have no doubt it can influence some people. On the flip side, my enjoyment is not influenced by the impression that those around me are "having a great time" so I have a hard time relating.

I'm glad you enjoy that environment. I have a hard time believing that it will translate to more then a couple of hundred fans in the long run. At least until we get some real improvement in on-ice results. If we think this is going to make much of a difference in a 4-1 loss on a Tuesday night to the Kings, we've probably set our bar a little high. We don't need help with the Wings, Pens, etc. We need help with those 3-1 games (trailing) late in the second period to a less interesting team on a weekday. I don't see this making much of a difference in those situations.

I'll have to get a better feel for what they are about at the arena. But if it's that Euro model of "energy", it won't do much for me. I've sat through that in some misc sporting events and it just tends to annoy me after a while. Of course, some consider me a fairly unique individual so it could end up being all the rage with the majority. Based on this thread, I'm not sure that is the case. Sounds a bit polarizing.

Last edited by blahblah: 08-31-2011 at 08:19 AM.