Old
08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
The Ulf Dahlen I remember was definitely great along the boards with that unusual skating style of his and solid defensively.. but I don't remember him as a power forward in the classic sense, or as someone who was physically intimidating at all.

I could be misremembering (thanks GWB).
That's pretty much the impression that I got. He actually seemed like he shied away from confrontation and let the other guy take penalties hacking at him instead of fighting back. That's all well and good, and should help Eden Hall, but it still doesn't show me who is going to protect Mike Ribeiro, Marian Stastny, Billy McGimsie, and Nikolai Drozdetsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
That doesn't mean he can handle being the primary physical presence and puck-winner on a scoring line.

Think of all the recent NHL pests. How many of them would you want as the primary physical presence on a line? How many of them would you count on to win battles in the corner? Not very many....
When I hear the word pest, I think of Burrows, Carcillo, Avery, Kaleta, Lapierre, Cooke, and Marchand. With the exception of Avery and maybe Lapierre, I think all of those guys are willing to go into the corner and dig. They might not always win like an Ulf Dahlen will, but their work combined with Robbie Ftorek's willingness to go into the corners despite his size will provide enough board work for the line to function well.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote