View Single Post
Old
08-31-2011, 11:50 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Hostile much? Geez. Dahlen is easily a vastly superior defensive player to Tanti. Is that good enough? Point to me exactly where I said Tanti was a physical presence. That's right, I didn't. I said there was typically a correlation between being a strong two-way player and being a PKer. There are certainly exceptions, and Dahlen seems to be one of them. Am I not the only one that finds it surprising Dahlen was out for a grand total of 7 power play goals against?

I could say the same thing about Dahlen on the PP where he benefited greatly. 39.87% of Dahlen's goals came on the PP, and 41.11% of Tanti's came on the PP. Not exactly a large difference. Are we punishing these two guys because they were good in front of the net on the PP?
Big strong players are often more effective defensively at even strength than on the PK. See Bobby Holik and Randy McKay for two more examples. Bobby Holik was considered the best even strength shut down center in the league for a few seasons, but didn't kill penalties.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote