Old
08-31-2011, 02:05 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
Here's the problem.

The ownership and management have come out and repeatedly said the "small market mentality is over in Nashville" and the "goal is not to just make the playoffs, but to bring the Cup to Nashville".

That could be the biggest load of marketing guff in the world and it wouldn't matter.

Fans have always had the right to complain. The ownership and management have now given them justification.

Much like you, I understand some of Poile's moves (even if I don't necessarily agree with all of them, for what little that's worth)- and it doesn't matter.

I can't blame a fan or player now for calling the bluff that's been put out there. The Predators have made that bed with both and they are now being forced to sleep in it.

Right now, they are still living on the high from last season. If things don't go well this season, the market will right itself soon and will catch up to the team.
Agreed...and not only is Poile on the record for repeatedly saying that ownership has granted a higher budget, but he has also gone on the record saying we have a glaring need as a top-6 scorer. As fans, when the GM says there's money available and a need on the team, there really isn't any excuse to be in this position. Especially after the Franson trade and we continue to sit on the floor. I truly hope a trade is done here soon.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote