Old
08-31-2011, 03:25 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
3rd Lines

I see Kapanen is on your 2nd PK unit, and I think he's a bit out of place there. He was only a PKer in Philadelphia, and his ranks are 3, 3, 2, and 4. He was out for a total of 15 power play goals against in his time in Carolina, never being a real factor on the PK. 84.5% of the power play goals against he was out for came in just 37.4% of his games. As I said, I think he's out of place there
Here are Kapanen's overall TOI finishes in Carolina(among players at his position): 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. Keeping in mind that he barely killed penalties in Carolina, that's almost all ES and PP time. The role that Kapanen played in Philadelphia is the one he's playing here, 3rd line.
I think you answered your own question. Kapanen was already leading his team in ice time in Carolina without killing penalties; how much more ice time do you want to give him? Carolina's coach obviously felt that Kapanen's offensive upside was more important to his team than his ability to kill penalties.

As you indicated, he is playing the same role for Eden Hall as he played for Philadelphia, a role that I think he's better suited for.

Quote:
I think Krushelnyski might be a little better defensively because he actually played as a checker for a larger portion of his career compared to Kapanen, and has the stronger PK resume.
I could just as easily say that the only reason Krush "played as a checker for a larger portion of his career" is because he didn't have the talent to play in a more offensive role. In a 21-30 team league, offensive talent is a rarer commodity than hard work.

Quote:
If my opponents would be so willing, would you care to do some of the comparisons? I'm going out and will be back later and I can't keep up with arguing two guys and doing the heavy lifting of comparisons.
I'll probably get to lower lines tomorrow, though I'll continue to feel free to respond to anything you post.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote