View Single Post
Old
08-31-2011, 03:27 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Couturier + Coburn better be bringing in Hall+ or Eberle+. Seriously, I understand hes ranked highly in your organization but Coburn although underrated by most our fans is probably one of the if not the best younger defensemen we have. Hes got size he moves the puck fairly well and when hes physical hes dominant. That plus the 8th overall pick for an unproven LW? Come on get real yea Im sure it does make sense from an Oilers PoV the Flyers get bent over.

Then theres the people throwing Schenns name out there too. Let's be reality, Schenn's the best prospect period in the whole NHL was drafted 5 spots over Paajarvi in the same draft and you want Bob or Coburn? Really?

MPS = Couturier = Schenn in trade value right now. An even swap of one of those tow for MPS is more than fair. This deal would only happen IF the Flyers feel they need a #2 LW behind JVR AND we feel that we have more than enough center depth to be able to trade one of Schenn/Couturier. Also, it would require Edm desire to trade a #2 LW for a #2 center in Schenn/Couturier. It's not out of the realm of possibility but not one that I see either team making right now. If say at this years draft the Flyers trade a guy they feel can be their next Mike Richards then we could certainly part with one of Couturier or Schenn.

Coburn + 1st is all that we SHOULD be giving up to get MPS but I doubt that would be enough for Edm to move him. MPS really isn't NEEDED from our persepctive so there is no real NEED for us to over pay for him. While there may be a potential for a trade here, I really don't foresee one happening any time soon.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote