View Single Post
Old
08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, but I can see how others do. It's been a horrid summer in terms of PR. But that's all it's been. The team is still on an upward progression on the ice and has strengthened their ability to add a piece(s) to aid in that direction.

If you can get past the horrid PR, there hasn't been much change at all to our team on the ice. Summer needs to end and quickly...
Thanks Seth!

I agree with the bolded part. They are in the best position, financially, to add pieces.

I don't necessarily agree with the part I underlined (after realizing that a quote is entirely italicized, lol). This season will not see the depth of last season, as youth will be on those third and fourth lines and not players like Dumont (and later Sullivan) who you know could contribute on a top line in a pinch (like both proved in the playoffs).

There is more potential this year for a year like two years ago due to the increased youth and the distractions surrounding the core three. Problem is, to retain the core three, the team can't step back like it did two years ago.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 08-31-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added the italics
David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote