View Single Post
Old
08-31-2011, 05:23 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post

That's in reference to my line(Tanti-Backstrom-Sands). Backstrom is the engine of that line. To suggest Backstrom is the engine of the Ovechkin-Backstrom-whoever line is crazy.
Oh of course, haha. Obviously, Backstrom is the engine of your current second line.

Quote:
They're not the model of success, but their forwards are not the problem of why they don't win in the playoffs. Their defense and goaltending are much bigger problems as to why they can't succeed in the playoffs compared to the forwards. In the offensive zone, Ovechkin spends the majority of his time hovering in the slot and at the tops of the circles looking for passes to rip shots home. From what I've seen of him, he doesn't cycle that much. He certainly can forecheck, but he likes to stay in scoring positions from what I've seen.
It's kind of offtopic, but I think the forwards don't escape blame. I've seen Ovechkin spend too much time hovering in scoring positions waiting for teammates to win battles, but I've also seen him try to do to much - run around hitting everything in sight, fighting every battle himself... perhaps since his soft teammates aren't doing it enough.

I don't think Backstrom has been bad in the playoffs (Semin on the other hand...), but I don't think he's been great enough to model a line based on his situation.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote