: TSN 1260:
Jason Bonsignore interview
View Single Post
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Join Date: Jul 2002
Originally Posted by
On the radio right now.
- He blames the organization for not treating him well off the bat.
- Said Sather's first words to him was "I am not going to give you a million dollars"
- As a 19 yr old kid, Sather brought him into the room and told him he was "fat"
- Had him go to the rink at 5:30am by himself to workout
- Saw Smyth being treated differently. Welcomed with open arms while he was treated miserablely.
- People did not understand him
- "I wasn't a bust".... "I worked hard".... "It wasn't having fun so it was hard to be motivated..." "It wasn't about the money"... "All my confidence went out the window when I first step into the NHL".
Just want to say that his draft report on THN at the time said "Great hands, no heart" This is when Bob Mckenzie was still on their staff and a major contributer to the draft day preview.
He was noted for having a "sense of entitlement"
Not wanting to take what he says with a grain of salt, but his issues were widely known at the time.
Sather is the same guy that Messier and Gretzky and many other Oilers give major credit too, so perhaps I do take his words with a grain of salt.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by hockeyaddict101