View Single Post
Old
08-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So we're really not getting as much money as I thought from revenue sharing, which is actually pretty good news. Problem is, we still won't be able to spend more than we currently are for a while.
It's been factored into every personnel move. Last season Poile was able to acquire Fisher because the team had brought in extra revenue from higher than expected ticket sales and new sponsors. That extra revenue offset what the team would lose in revenue sharing by increasing the payroll, so the excess revenue was put right back into the payroll.

That's where I don't get why people think that the owners have been lining their pockets with money this summer. They also have paid for all of the updates to the arena and are footing the bill for the new "Fan Zone". Ownership isn't in this to make money right now, they don't want to lose money, but they are reinvesting the profits directly into improving the team.

I really don't think some people understand that. That's not a shot at anyone in particular, but just a thought that crosses my mind frequently when people take shots at ownership...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote