View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 08:24 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
Sorry but someone has got to say it.

The Oilers stood around watched Colorado who had multiple chances to score. Sorry but if you give Peter Forsburg two or three chances to put the puck in the net he is going to score, I don't care who is in the net.

Salo was left out to dry by a pathetic display in the defensive zone and too many undisciplined penalties.

Terry Sawchuk, Patrick Roy, Plante. Woudn't have mattered this evening they all would have been burned.

The only goal he had a chance was on the first pp goal. Next goal he makes the first save, makes a second save and then no one bothers to take Forsburg.

Next play again Forsburg is left completely alone by Semenov. No chance.

Last goal Brewer hands the puck away and the player passes it in front and Salo didn't even have a chance to get set.
I tend to agree. If a Brewer/Comrie package could bring back some reliable experienced D, Salos numbers would likely change.

Salo has been wiffing some plays....but not all of them. Every goal that isn't a highlite reel goal, seems to be all Tommys fault these days though.

I could be singing a different tune by Christmas, but I'm not throwing in the towel on what people are hoping is his "bounce back" season. I'm trying to forget about his play last year, and feel it's too early to rip up the clean slate I gave him to start the season.

That being said.......I hope Conks is not too badly injured......lol.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Salo.......for a little while longer.