View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 02:08 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Boyle will most likely be playing on the 4th line this season with Brandon Prust and Mike Rupp. I'm pretty sure that Fedotenko will get the third line wing spot -- to answer your question, no thanks. The Rangers already have a physically gifted winger who doesn't use the assets he was born with to succeed. Bickell is luxury depth, but Boyle is, all-around, a better player than Bickell, high cap hit or not. Moving Boyle for Bickell makes the Rangers a worse team now, and they won't weaken the team for $1.2M in cap space.
I really think overall Boyle is a better player than Fedotenko at this point and has shown that he can play with Stepan and Zuccarello and others in very small sample sizes. I think Boyle-Stepan-Zucc/whoever
Fedotenko-Rupp-Prust is better than wasting Boyle on the 4th line. I understand he'll get his ice time on the PK, but if you get him on the 3rd line which he was pretty much on in terms of even strength ice time last year, I think he can probably do even better than his numbers last year (marginally)

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote