Thread: Proposal: Wsh-det-sjs
View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 07:12 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toe dragger18 View Post
he totalled a whopping 27 hits in 64 games this year, that just screams born to play in the playoffs. i may be ignorant but i really dont care.. its a well known fact semin is soft as butter whereas pavelski is not, making him a more adept player in the playoffs.

all semin can do is score. thats it. so when he cant do that, he cant fall back on playing good defence like pavelski can.
like cmon
Clearly you don't watch the kid play at all. Semin is good defensively and very strong on the puck as he wins alot of one on one battles along the boards in both off and def zones.

Now...as far as the trade goes:

You know I believe the value is def there for the Caps. Chimera is a very good role player but we do have Beagle and Eakin (or a slot so we can actually play DJ King)...he would be bumped to the 4th line this year for certain with Brouwer and Ward on board.

I like Sasha more than most caps fans but his cap hit and UFA status along with the fact that we'd be getting a high quality 2nd line center back would make this hard to turn down.

HOWEVER

The Caps are really high on Johansson..what would happen to him if we got Pavelski? I don't think you move him to wing but rather to 3rd line. Then...what happens to Halpern or Sjogren..both guys they signed to one way deals and are more suited for that 3rd/4th line center role?

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote