View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 09:19 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Clearly you don't watch the kid play at all. Semin is good defensively and very strong on the puck as he wins alot of one on one battles along the boards in both off and def zones.

Now...as far as the trade goes:

You know I believe the value is def there for the Caps. Chimera is a very good role player but we do have Beagle and Eakin (or a slot so we can actually play DJ King)...he would be bumped to the 4th line this year for certain with Brouwer and Ward on board.

I like Sasha more than most caps fans but his cap hit and UFA status along with the fact that we'd be getting a high quality 2nd line center back would make this hard to turn down.

HOWEVER

The Caps are really high on Johansson..what would happen to him if we got Pavelski? I don't think you move him to wing but rather to 3rd line. Then...what happens to Halpern or Sjogren..both guys they signed to one way deals and are more suited for that 3rd/4th line center role?
I'm pretty sure Halpern was slotted as the Boyd Gordon replacement (upgrade), putting him at 4C. Sjogren is capable of playing the wing as well, and it could be beneficial to him to spend some rookie minutes there. Also, IINM, Pavelski currently plays as a 3C behind Thornton and Marleau (is this correct, Sharks fans?) despite the fact that he is 2C caliber. I have a feeling that with so much flexibility, the roles would almost sort themselves out through play.

ChibiPooky is online now   Reply With Quote