View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 08:46 AM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1home View Post
I agree that he will not score 50 points, which = that team will miss difference in Wiz production. Wiz was no liability on your D aside form pure production.

And I disagree that Markov will not miss a bit. I also disagree that limited speed will allow him be as effective. It will affect team speed, which Montreal relies on.
Markov doesn't skate end-to-end Bobby Orr style. The strength of his game is passing and hockey sense. He's not slow, but speed was never his chief attribute. He'll help the d-zone coverage immensely by doing something smart with the puck every time he touches it, and helping with the breakouts. He'll also rack up a ton of points on the PP - it's always near the top of the league with him in the lineup, you should expect 50 points easily from Markov.

If he's lost any speed at all, that won't affect his passing game, it won't affect his vision or his brain, and it won't affect his PP play, where he spends most of the time relaitvely stationary on the blue line with the occasional sneak-in play. None of that requires top notch speed to succeed.

And to state the obvious, The Wiz didn't get 50 points last year with Montreal. He got 30. Markov got 3. Add them together and Markov needs 33 points this year to match last year's production. He'll have that by the all-star break.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote