View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
johnnydrum

vCash: 500
First things first...My names JohnnyD from the UK--huge fan of the Washington Caps in the NHL for almsot 20 years now..but the last 2 years have become an avid fan of the CHL, in perticular the "Imports" (love how Europes best kids test themselves against the very best North American kids--with varying results of course..lol)

Spent a wonderfull 2010 tuning into the exploits of Nail Yakupov, Khoklachev and co in the OHL (Yakupov is incredible) via the Radio feed on the teams webiste, (and the brilliant Sting fans on here) as well as following Caps prospect, Stanislav Galiev and his team mate Tomas Jurco, in the Q.

Its a welcoming sight to see WHL teams here too!

Secondly, a warm welcome to the WHLs newest team, the Victoria Royals.
(What a great name btw--like Windsors "Spitfires", it makes me very proud to be an Englishman)--and gosh, I love the teams colours..wow.
Its going to be fun following the new team.
Finally, as I said I am a keen follower of Euros--so my intrest is piqued with the arrival of Lukáš Králík-a prospect I am most excited to learn about, so would be so greatfull if anyone can post any reports for me--either here, or via PM or my email.

I do feel for the Chilliwack fans, (the same as I spare a thought for the fans of the NHL s Thrashers-whom of course have made a welcome return to Winnipeg~ whether people agree or not, its heartbreaking for the fans that are left behind.
I hope the Chiliwack fans perhaps can adopt the Royals?

Thirdly..Tourettes Guy "all hail Mikhail indeed!" I cant tell you how excited I am that Grigorenko is playing in the CHL. I spent last weekend glued to the QJMHL scoreboard "ticker"- just to watch his progress..lol

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote