View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 01:35 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Can anyone agree with me that Callahan is a LOT like Drury in his early days but with more spark and voice?

He is not a superstar but is to the fans of the team he plays for. Makes big plays during BIG TIMES. He is looked upon by the coach in EVERY facet of the game (and yes Torts has verbally said so a number of times this past offseason).

Callahan is the perfect mix of a player. Willing to fight. Blocks shots. Crashes the net hard. Has great sense on the ice. Has the teams respect. Has the fans respect. Has the coaches respect as well as all of Management. Pots the goals. makes the plays. Stands up for his players no matter what. Is great with the media and fans. Never comes off cocky in an interview and never seems lost for words. Tells it like it is.

I know people around here didn't like Drury for his contract and that he got washed up quickly with us and him being a captain seemed silly as he seemed like he was in a coma all the time. BUT.. Drury of the past with the Avalanche was a very special thing. Not a goal monster but definitely scored a good amount of goals. Was huge and potted that goal when needed and was biiiig in overtime goals. I just see a lot of comparisons of the both of them but of drury in the younger years PLUS Callahan has the voice and tenacity to go with it.
Callahan is exactly the player Drury was about 8 years ago.

I said it when Drury was signed, Callahan will be the biggest benefactor of that signing.

Hopefully Callahan can do the same for a young player like Hagelin or Bourque or someone like that.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote