View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Brian Boyle had a strong start last year. However after January 1 (44 games) he had 7 goals and 4 ( yes 4) assists and he didn't score in the playoffs. He's a 4th liner; a defensive player; that's it. Is he offensively retarded like Blair betts? No, but if he scores 10 goals this year I will be shocked. Leave him where he is so he doesn't hurt lines that are expected to score on a regular basis. And he is nowhere near the player Feds is.
Fedotenko only had 8 points(3 g, 4 a) after January 1 (given, he was hurt for awhile) and 2 assists in the playoffs.

I'm OK with it if you feel that they're equal players, but let's not get carried away, they're pretty much on the same level if anything, and Boyle has upside, much bigger, less injury prone and I'm for one very intrigued to see what he could do on the wing.

If you put Boyle in the same position to succeed you did last season there's no reason he won't match his production. It's not uncommon for bottom 6 players to get hot and cold. We're lucky enough to have guys in our bottom 6 that always bring it on the forecheck and defensively.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote