Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin
Kovalchuk-Malkin-Radulov

Tarasenko- Anisimov-Kulemin
Kuznetsov-Kaigorodov/Burmistrov- Afinoganov
Artyukhin

Markov-Nikulin
Kulikov-Tyutin
Grebeshkov-Volchenkov
Orlov/Voinov (Hopefully one of them will be ready in time)

Bryz
Varlamov
Bobrovsky

Forwards look really good, a lot of talent and most of them should be in their prime. I didn't include guys like Yakupov because they are too young, realistically Kuznetsov and Burmistrov are kinda hard to call right now and may have to be replaced with more experienced reliable players when the time comes ( though I expect that at least one of them should be ready by then)

Goaltending is solid

Defense is somewhat thin, likely no Gonchar as he will too old. This leaves Markov as our only star on defense; makes me think that Kulikov really needs to step up and become that number 1-2 D-man or we are in trouble. The rest should be a solid if unspectacular group. Hopefully Orlov or someone like that can emerge in time but with our recent history of D-man I'm not gonna be holding my breath.

I don't think Afinogenov should make the team. Especially in 2014. He is already on the back-end of his career and his explosiveness is just becoming average right now. There are so many young top talent wingers that can step into that position. Kucherov, Gusev, even Filatov come to mind. But most certainly Yakupov, he will be 21 at that point, if I'm not mistaken, and there are high hopes for him.

I also don't think Kulyomin should be a lock. Sure, he is a solid NHL 1st/2nd line right now, but If he has a down season they wouldn't invite him. If Ovi had an off season, for example, he would still make it- that's what you call a lock.

I don't think Kaigorodov will make it, I would rather see even Grigorenko, who will be 20 yrs old at the time. Or whoever else steps up in NHL that season.

I would also pick Orlov, Marchenko, Voynov, Arzamastsev make the team instead of Grebeshkov and maybe even Tyutin. All of those guys have higher projected ceilings. Also Emelin might make a real impact.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote