View Single Post
Old
09-01-2011, 09:54 PM
hockeylocker

vCash: 500
Earlier I had Battleford ranked #1. Having an opportunity to see their camp roster, I have dropped them down to fourth behind Melfort/Tisdale, Warman/Martensville, and West Central. Although I like Battlefords D lead by Sych, Vidal, and Lafermann, it is their forward crew that may lack punch. Without Iron, Bast, and Normand, Battlefords just can not rely on Hintz; although Layne Young will be a nice find. Battlefords simply does not have the depth like the previous mentioned teams. Here are the latest predictions regarding rankings:
1. Melfort/Tisdale
2. Warman/Martensville
3. West Central
4. Battlefords
5. Prince Albert
6. Humboldt

Why Melfort/Tisdale?
Goaltending will be solid with either Dzurka, Amundrud, and Cresswell earning that roll. Fiske is a very solid D and provides both offense and grit, add Long and Gerwing gives you an experienced blueline.
Paziuk, Grambo, Zary, and Seaman will probably be in the top 10 scorers in the North. Add the possibility of 3 of the top 5 1998 CFHL scorers such as Stobbs, Chasse, and Borstmayer - Melfort/Tisdale just might be the team in the North.
By saying that, each of the other Northern teams will get stronger as the year goes and will make noise after Christmas.