Old
10-23-2003, 08:39 PM
quat

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
I think the Canuck fans here are being just a tad homerish on Bertuzzi

Bertuzzi doesn't dive? Yah freakin right. Of all Canuck forwards, only Ruutu dives more. I'm not too sure if he dove on that play though. Only saw 1 replay, and frankly I don't much care. He does dive. A lot.

Bertuzzi a smart player who doesn't take costly penalties? OK, so he was smart last night, *for once*. Give the man a prize. 60% of his penalties are of the pointless, boneheaded type.

I like Bert as much as any other Nuck fan, but I still recognize his flaws.
?! You mean the one Canucks fan who said he didn't think Burtuzzi dove that much? And my comment about Burtuzzi diving, but not anymore than normal during the playoffs last season?

Lessee, that's ... one. Perhaps there's no need to set people staight after all.

Trolling I believe, is when a poster tries to piss off fans of a team with inflamatory remarks that aren't backed up with opinion. I came to the site to say I hoped Jackman would be ok, and suffered no injury. While here I noted that Super_Joe, an AVs fan, was making crass comments just to piss off Canucks fans. I said saying things like that weren't necessary and were lame. After my comment Degroat seemed to think that calling a player a ***** was a stylish and reasonable remark, and offered to address similiar comments to me. The one inflammitory post I wrote, I addressed to Super_Joe, after his repeated taunting of Burtuzzi and Canucks Fans.

So topshelf331, how is it that I'm here trolling and Super_Joe isn't?

As far as the Blues are concerned... I would have to say they are a better team than the Canucks at this point, and even without a healthy lineup, should be concidered amongst the elite in the league this season. The Canucks were lucky Pronger blew a gasket, and got a couple of lucky calls at the end to keep the Blues from picking up at least on point.