View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 08:45 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Frustrating game. Reminded me of the Predator team of old. Get a 2 goal lead. Watch lead slip away. Watch opposition takes lead. Start playing for the tie. Go home with a loss.

While Zidlicky has his offensive upside, he's no rock defensively. Kovalchuk just skated by him untouched for the GW goal. He's definitely not as bad as Delmore, though. While he has lined up a few big open ice hits, he's not consistently physical (doesn't have the body to do it). Kind of like Hamhuis. While Hamhuis can line up a beautiful Hipcheck, he doesn't have the body to consistently punish players physically. We'll see what he looks like 20-30 games in.

Nice breakaway by Hamhuis. He's showing good signs, but he's definitely showing his inexpirence. On ATL's first goal, it was like Hamhuis and Legwand skated away from the guy so he could have a clear shot on Vokoun.

Good on PP: Defense (Zidlicky, Timonen, Hamhuis). Have created virtually every powerpaly goal so far this season. Note the difference between create and score.

Bad on PP: Forwards. I think that Eric Fichaud could do the equivalent of what they're doing out there. Yes, I know he's a goalie.

Last thought.... Colorado scares me. Forsberg (like most other stars around the league) has simply owned the Predators.