Thread: News Article: Redden will report to camp
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2011, 03:01 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Well, thats the problem. But we as a team have done pretty good the last few years with our home grown talent. Yeah we brought in Gabby who was iffy with his hamstrings. But Richards to me is even more risky. And it's not the money, it's the 9 years. Like I said I love having him, just hope he won't be a burden in the future.

To clear things up, when I said cumulative, it's the damage done that is cumulative. Most doctors agree 3 concussions and your risking serious permanent injury to your health. Savard had his first in 2010. He might not play this year. Crosby is still suffering. I hope Gabby is fully recovered. And Richards now has one strike against him.

You break a bone it heals and is stronger than before. Not so with the brain or any internal organ.

I'm not opposed to giving him top dollar. It's just the ridiculous length of the contracts these days. 9 years for a guy coming off a concussion?
Worst signing in the off season?.... Ilya Bryzgalov is 31 yr old and signed for 51 mil, 9 years. What do they think they have,.. The Dominator? I'm gonna laugh my butt off when Philly goes back to musical chairs in net this season.
I have read two studies that suggest that someone who had a concussion is four times more likely to suffer another, as opposed to someone who has never suffered one.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote