Thread: Confirmed with Link: Canucks invite F Steve Begin to Training Camp
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2011, 08:42 PM
jammyrft

vCash: 500
correct me if I'm wrong here MG but....

2 HUGE reasons we lost the last 3 years playoff's in a row were because weren't tough enough (mostly physically but mentally too), and we were very injured and not durable enough...

Last year we FINALLY had a LEGIT 3rd line based around Torres and Malholtra. It seemed most of the year Torres was the only intimidating forward we had who would actually try and hit people. So this year we lose Torres which makes us less tough and we gain more old, non durable, injury prone guys like Bitz, Sturm and give PTO's to Nolan, Fedoruk, Begin...all of who havn't played high level hockey in like 2-3 years. Most of them are so injury prone they can't complete a whole season (let alone a grinding cup run).

What the hell's going on here? we could have passed on a Sturm skating with no knee's, an old Nolan who hasn't played NHL hockey in 2 years, a punching bag in Fedoruk who's one good fight away from losing his life, a old plug in Begin who hasn't played a solid season in almost 2 years when we COULD sign a guy like WINCHESTER who can decently play and add's grit who can take on opponents tough guys.

I am disappoint

jammyrft is online now   Reply With Quote