Thread: Speculation: Trouble at CKAC
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2011, 08:28 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Personnally, while I like the guy, I'm rarely satisfied when I listen to the Melnick show. I mean, I was not a regular, but everytime I listened in, he was rarely talking about sports. Always chitchatting about whatever.
I agree, Melnick does sidetrack , and in no way is he ''the king of sports talk radio''. But he's not outdated. He knows what's going on, has an opinion, is sarcastic and critical ... I like his interviews, and frankly, he has a brain.

When he does get sidetracked, it's often with topics that are related to LOCAL events / people, or about some crappy service he has at a local cafe, or about biking in the city, or traffic, or whatever.... It's things like that make Melnick a "Montrealer" , one that anglos can relate to.

Quote:
While I used to like the morning show, while I like their chemistry and all, rarely will I like the show when Casavant is not in. 'Cause again, Starr and Price will also do a whole lot of talk for nothing but when Casavant is in, it's way more business. And they still can be funny and intereting in the same time.
I enjoyed listening to Tony on the morning show, as their replacement.

Quote:

Where I will disagree with the majority here is that I like the Marinaro show a lot even if I don't always agree with him. Yet, there's not a whole lot of talk for nothing and he has really interesting people on. The Trotz interview today was great. Never knew Trotz was that interesting...especially by watching him behind a bench.
I completely agree...

Quote:

So Team 990 has a lot of pros and cons as well as far as I'm concerned. Just like CKACSports. Funny thing though is that a whole lot of people hated CKACSports...yet continued talking about it and reporting what was said....So I guess we love to listen to something we hate....And honestly, the haters will miss that....
But for every hate, there's maybe 5 people who simply have ignored the station. I believe success relies more on attracting listeners that connect with the content and personality versus listening for the sake of ridiculing the commentators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
trust me, younger ppl listened to CKAC. This has to do with the fact that the govt is dumping a ******** of money into the station.
I think the station that eventually replaces CKAC will be put together by bell, and will provide personalities and content that younger people would listen to.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to lure Tony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsUnited View Post
Yeah, Melnick and Tieman sure do bring in that younger crowd...
Melnick isn't bad imo. He appeals to maybe a slightly older crowd.

But I have to agree with you 100% on Tieman - nice guy and all,but way too damn jolly and santa... but he really doesn't deserve a show... most people are working or doing something during 1 and 3... thankfully.

Tieman should have a football show -- just because he sounds like the closest thing to an old big jolly american football commentor on the team990.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote